IPMItool returns false value on PowerEdge 1950

Krishnaprasad_K at Dell.com Krishnaprasad_K at Dell.com
Tue Dec 19 02:49:43 CST 2006

As Mr.Fred Mentioned below u can upgrade ur centos into 4.4  or try to
use ipmitool-1.8.8

-----Original Message-----
From: Halomoan Chow [mailto:halomoan at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 2:05 PM
To: K, Krishnaprasad; linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: IPMItool returns false value on PowerEdge 1950

Thanks Krishnaprasad

I got following output :

# omreport about

Product name : Server Administrator Install Core (subscription)
Version      : 5.0.0
Copyright    : Copyright (C) Dell Inc. 1995-2006. All rights reserved.
Company      : Dell Inc.

So i thing I have OMSA version 5 on my CentOS 4.3 with
ipmitool-1.8.2-1.rhel4.i386.rpm and i got false output of the
temperature sensor.

Sad, What can I do then ?
:(

Regards,