enlarging mirror

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Sun Dec 17 09:51:22 CST 2006

> I have a PE 1650 box running redhat 9
> This box had 2x68GB disks mirrored but was running out of space
> so I got me two 300GB disks and replaced one of the mirror disk and then
> the other so now I have 2x300GB disks in the mirror.  Question is, how
> do I get the OS to see the new space ? do I have to do something more in
> afacli to be able to use the additional space ?

It's been awhile since we posted this link, but it has suggestions
that I think are applicable to both your question and several others
posted recently.

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/power/en/ps1q03_michael
Expanding Storage on Linux-based Servers
By Matt Domsch and Tesfamariam Michael (February 2003 Dell PowerSolutions)

frequently must add additional storage space to existing file
servers. This article describes how to add and configure local storage
space on a file server running the Red Hat Linux operating system
(OS). Three scenarios are presented: adding disks without a RAID
controller, adding disks to a new logical drive on a RAID controller,
and adding disks to an existing logical drive on a RAID controller.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch