enlarging mirror

Arnar Þórarinsson art at caa.is
Sun Dec 17 05:58:47 CST 2006

Greetings.
I have a PE 1650 box running redhat 9
This box had 2x68GB disks mirrored but was running out of space
so I got me two 300GB disks and replaced one of the mirror disk and then
the other so now I have 2x300GB disks in the mirror.  Question is, how
do I get the OS to see the new space ? do I have to do something more in
afacli to be able to use the additional space ?

AFA0> container list
Executing: container list
Num          Total  Oth Chunk          Scsi   Partition
Label Type   Size   Ctr Size   Usage   B:ID:L Offset:Size
----- ------ ------ --- ------ ------- ------ -------------
 0    Mirror 68.3GB            Open    0:01:0 64.0KB:68.3GB
 /dev/sda             OS               0:00:0 64.0KB:68.3GB

AFA0> disk list
Executing: disk list

B:ID:L  Device Type     Blocks    Bytes/Block Usage            Shared
Rate
------  --------------  --------- ----------- ---------------- ------
----
0:00:0   Disk           585937500 512         Initialized      NO    160
0:01:0   Disk           585937500 512         Initialized      NO    160

AFA0> disk show space
Executing: disk show space

Scsi B:ID:L Usage      Size
----------- ---------- -------------
  0:00:0     Container 64.0KB:68.3GB
  0:00:0     Free      68.3GB:7.50KB
  0:01:0     Container 64.0KB:68.3GB
  0:01:0     Free      68.3GB:7.50KB

AFA0>

Regards
Arnar

Thessi tolvupostur og vidhengi hans geta innihaldid
trunadarupplysingar og er eingongu aetladur theim sem hann er
stiladur a.
Oheimil medferd tolvuposts thessa og vidhengja hans getur vardad
skadabota- og refsiabyrgd samkvaemt logum um fjarskipti. Efni
tolvupostsins og vidhengja er a abyrgd sendanda ef thad tengist
ekki starfsemi Flugmalastjornar Islands. Ef Thu ert ekki skradur
mottakandi og hefur fengid skeytid vegna mistaka, vinsamlegast
hafdu strax samband vid sendanda.

This e-mail and its attachments is intended only for the person or
and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in
reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than
the intended recipient is prohibited.
delete the material from any computer.