debian on poweredge 2950

sean finney sean at stickybit.se
Fri Dec 15 08:17:56 CST 2006

hi steven,

On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 07:42 -0600, Anderson, Steven wrote:

> I was able to load the system with debian netinst version 12 Dec 2006
> however after the first reboot when the system is mounting the root
> file system
> it attaches the scsi removable disk sdb
> then  I get the following message

i've recently setup exactly the same system with dapper, and had similar
issues.  if you look back a month or two in the archives you'll find
what i did to prevent the system from touching the physical disks.

though in your case, if you've written anything to sdb you've probably
irreparably destroyed the raid volume and will need to re-install.
maybe even re-initialize the raid disk if you want to be sure.

	sean