How do I know what Linux to use???

Cliff Peet cliff at kingsmeadprint.co.uk
Fri Dec 15 06:24:00 CST 2006

Centos is a Marvel for Free !
A consideration on using Centos is compatibility  with Dell PowerEdge
servers.  Dell supports Red Hat Enterprise Linux but not Centos. I
have had some issues with the Ext3 journaling and or the raid array
drivers that I am not confident have been solved, apart from the
Centos forums you are on your own.

The dell open management is again supporting Red Hat Enterprise Linux
but not Centos. Dell is going to supply drivers etc for the supported
operating systems and they may well work with Centos, but if you have
a problem your stuffed. Remembering that Centos is free and the
forums are supplying you help free of charge. I have posted a problem
on there 4 or 5 times without answer.

You may consider paying out for Red Hat Enterprise Linux and have a
bit of support ?

Cliff