BIOS / firmware update CD?

J. Epperson linux-poweredge at epperson.homelinux.net
Thu Dec 14 16:29:54 CST 2006

On Thu, December 14, 2006 14:42, David Sparks wrote:
> Everyone seems to be missing the point.  Other vendors have a single
> bootable CD that contains BIOS' and firmware for all their hardware.  On
> a single CD!

The point I was speaking to was the issue of how to do firmware updates on
a farm of fresh hardware without having to load OS or even media on each.
That issue was specifically raised in the thread.  A pxeboot of MEMDISK
with the firmware floppy image as the initrd addresses it.

Your situation appears to be different.