How do I know what Linux to use???

William Warren hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com
Thu Dec 14 08:49:50 CST 2006

It'll boot the system just won't be able to use the raid status software
from inside Linux.  quad 550's are p-3's..<G>

Craig White wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 09:25 -0500, Pete Breitenbaugh wrote:
>> Hello All.
>>
>> We have a Dell PowerEdge 6350 on which we want to run Linux.
>> The box has 4 Intel 550 MHz processors.
>> There are 3 different Linux Fedora Core 6 images available.
>>
>> i386
>> x86_64
>> ppc
>>
>> How do we tell which to use?
>> What information do I need?
>> I should apologize for my ignorance, but I've never seen a Dell server
>> before.
>>
>> Thanks for your help,
>> Pete.
> ----
> that's a pretty old system and a very new Linux
>
> Choose i386 as I presume that the 4 Intel 550 MHz processors are either
> Pentium 2 or Pentium 3
>
> I think you might be in trouble on the RAID controller though if it's a
> Perc 2
>
> Craig

My "Foundation" verse:
Isa 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and
every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt
condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their
righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)

Linux user #322099