how to pull out hard drive on PE2450

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 11:49:12 CST 2006

hi, there,
I know this is not a Linux-on-Dell question. I have two PE2450s in
production. Two of the four drive bays on each server are in use. I need to
replace one bad drive. I couldn't pull out the bad drive or the empty
placeholder casings, on both servers.
Is some trick I don't know about this model? I inherited them which are
bought new from Dell long long ago. To be sure, I even asked a co-lo
engineer to pull it out for me. I am not a newbie on this: I replaced
hot-pluggable drives before, on Sun StorEdge arrays and on other Dell PE
servers.