question on DTK's syscfg

Meghana_Bhat at Dell.com Meghana_Bhat at Dell.com
Wed Dec 13 03:45:52 CST 2006

Dmitriy,

     On PEx9xx servers, use the serial communication option (serialcomm
) along with external serial option (extserial ) instead of console
redirection option (conred) . The  console redirection options works
slightly different in  PEx9xx servers. This article has a good
explanation on the serial communication options available on the latest
Dell servers -
http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/power/ps3q06-20050237-Lambert.pdf
<http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/power/ps3q06-20050237-Lambert.pdf>

 You can choose any one of the settings below depending on the
requirements.  Try Case1 if all that is required is to view the console
output  thru  the COM1 port.

The options in DTK are given below . The DTK CLI guide should have more
information, in case you are interested.
                       serialcomm = [on | off |  com1cr  |  com2cr ]
                        extserial = [com1 | com2 |   rad  ]

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks,
Meghana