1955 Chassis - Wedged KVM

Chuck Stuettgen cstuettgen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 20:10:03 CST 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 17:00 +0000, Mark Watts wrote:

> > > Pull it out and then shove it back in.
> >
> > will this have any effect on the rest of the chassis? ie will blades
> > continue to run as normal ?
> >
> > thanks
>
> It worked when I did it to an 1855 Chassis.
> I've actually swapped between Analog and Digital KVM's without affecting
> running systems before.
>
> Mark.

This past weekend I had to shutdown all the blades and power cycle the
chassis to un-stick the KVM in our 1955 Chassis.

How did you get the Digital connection to work?  When I tried connecting
the digital port to a Dell 2161DS KVM over IP Switch it did not do
anything.  The only way I could get access was to use the Analog
converter cable that comes with the chassis and connect it to one of the
SIP modules.