Dell PE 1850 ipmi & dell_rbu kernel module issue

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Mon Dec 11 07:31:42 CST 2006

On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 11:40:39AM +0100, Adrian Gajan wrote:
> [...]

It's in the OpenIPMI-$version-$release.$arch.rpm (rpm -ql OpenIPMI).
Removing it is as simple as '/sbin/chkconfig ipmi off' or 'rpm -e OpenIPMI'.

>    One other question relating the dell_rbu kernel module:
>
>    there is no record of dell_rbu in /etc/modprobe.conf and the module is

That's loaded automatically by the Dell Update Package for BIOS when
it's run, or can be manually loaded.  There's no initscript or other
autoloading mechanism for it.  I need to look at having firmware-tools
load it at runtime too, right now that just warns when it's not
loaded.

Thanks,
Matt

--