: Re: (2850) Maxtor drive inside, Seagate replacement

EuroVPS/DIRECTOR director at eurovps.com
Fri Dec 8 10:01:02 CST 2006

On Wednesday 06 December 2006 20:03, Bill-Schoolcraft wrote:
> Thanks, got some information and it seems that Dell shipped us a
> "Seagate-Cheetah-15K.4" drive and the utility "dellmgr" reports our
> 2850 as shipped has a "MAXTOR" drive.

Believe me, you're much better off with the Seagate 15k.4.  We have 4 x IBM
EXP300 storage shelfs with 14 disks each, all 15k.3, been running nonstop
since 2003 without a single failed disk.  Maxtors we replace every 6 months,
which is a shame as the Atlas 10K V's and 15K II's are very fast, they just
go belly up too quick.