kernel problem w/ 2650

eclark eclark at alabanza.com
Fri Dec 8 07:44:35 CST 2006

All, I am trying to build an smp kernel with a 2650. I have a perfectly
functional up kernel, but after making the following changes (done
automatically by menuconfig when smp turns on), the kernel fails to boot. I
get to where it sets hostname after which it should rediscover the keyboard
and probe usb, but fails immediately. Below are the changes made between my
functional up kernel, and the smp kernel. This is in 2.4.32. I have booted
with noapic and apic=ht, with no success either time. The settings that
changed all point to a problem with apic that I dont understand, at least in
context of the 2650s. Thanks for any insight into this kernel config issue.

Erik

----

70,72c70,72
< CONFIG_SMP=y