Want to configure IPMI on 1950 machines.

Harald_Jensas at Dell.com Harald_Jensas at Dell.com
Wed Dec 6 07:18:22 CST 2006

You need to configre the BMC, press CTRL+E during startup to enter the BMC configuration utility.
(You can also configure it using OMSA.)

> I want to know if I can use the lanplus or lan interfaces.
> Do I need to run any server process on the Machine.  ?

IPMI over lan does not need any kernel modules, or service running.

> I have a requirement In which I need to power cycle / restart
> the machine from a network interface .
> Or May be check the general status of the machine.
> Can I do this using ipmitool or ipmish ...  ?

Yes, ipmitool and ipmish can do this.

> I heard the I can do this using IPMI.
>
> Please guide ?

Suggest you have a look at the User Guide for answers:
http://support.euro.dell.com/support/edocs/software/smbmcmu/

--
Harald Jensås