drac 5 and mozilla on linux nightmare

Robert Lindgren r at orcafat.com
Tue Dec 5 15:22:55 CST 2006

To be fair, I must tell you all that I now have solved my little problems and
have Console Redirection working even in FF 2.0.

The main problem was that ubuntu (my client) uses dash for /bin/sh. Changing
this to /bin/bash made it possible to install the plugin, the depcheck.sh in
the rac5vkvm.xpi failed with syntax errors when using dash.

After this little change it was possible to use the console redirection
without any problem in ff 1.0.8, 1.5.0.8 and 2.0. This is: from tgz version
fetched from mozilla.com. So that one avoids the problem of installing stuff
in unwriteable directories.

Cheers
Robert