PowerEdge 1900 IERR 1410 CPU 1 IERR

Jonathan Dill jonathan at nerds.net
Mon Dec 4 08:29:18 CST 2006

I have a PowerEdge 1900 with Ubuntu Dapper amd64 version and
2.6.15-27-amd64-xeon kernel. The server has a single Xeon 5110 1.6 GHz
dual core processor. Last night, I was deleting some files on a Seagate
external USB disk and the system locked up--I could still ping it, but
could not SSH or get to a VNC session that I had open.  This morning, I
found the following error on the LCD:  E1410 CPU 1 IERR

Any ideas what causes this error?  Is it a hardware problem?  Should I
be using the 2.6.15-27-amd64-xeon-server kernel instead?

Thanks,
Jonathan