NIC1, DRAC5 and Shared mode

Harald_Jensas at Dell.com Harald_Jensas at Dell.com
Fri Dec 1 07:17:45 CST 2006

Did you enable IPMI over Lan in the BMC/DRAC config?

The way I understand the documentation:

1. Access the DRAC web interface. (Only available through the DRAC NIC port.)
2. Telnet Console.  (Only available through the DRAC NIC port.)
3. RACADM. (Remote via -r through DRAC NIC, or locally.)
4. SSH Interface. (Same as Telnet, just encrypted.)
5. IPMI Interface - Provides access through the DRAC 5 to the remote system's basic management features. The interface includes IPMI over LAN, IPMI over Serial, and Serial over LAN. (Available trough server NIC.)

Conclusion:
 Through the server NIC you have IPMI capabilities only. To access DRAC only features you have to connect through the DRAC NIC.

--
Harald Jensås