PERC2 questions

David Hubbard dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Sat Apr 29 18:51:45 CDT 2006

Throw them in the trash and use software raid, they were
some of the slowest controllers ever produced.  I've got
a PowerEdge 2400 that does a sweet 8 MB/sec on writes
across four drives in raid 5.  Or you can set them to be
in SCSI mode and just use them as a controller if your
server doesn't have SCSI already built in.

David