PE 1425 SC ServiceTag

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 13:23:59 CDT 2006

On 4/29/06, Peter Zaitsev <pz at ljseek.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have an idea how to find ServiceTag for remotely installed
> PE1425SC, running Linux ?

Depending on the kernel, the BIOS revision etc.. it may be done via
dmidecode command:

/usr/sbin/dmidecode | less

BIOS Information
        Vendor: Dell Inc.
        Version: A06

System Information
        Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
        Product Name: Precision WorkStation 380
        Version: Not Specified
        Serial Number: 00000000 [Changed]
        UUID: Changed
        Wake-up Type: APM Timer

The serial number under chasis and System information will give you
what you need

> With other systems it can be done using OMSA  (omreport or racadm) but
> it does not work with PowerEdge 1425 SC as OMSA do not support these.
>
> Any idea how it can be done ?
>
> I'm also curious about monitoring these, ie ECC errors, Voltage problems
> etc.

Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator