grub problems w/1800/PERC

Peter Lauda plauda at rx30.com
Fri Apr 28 08:16:38 CDT 2006

I have been building a mkcdrec disaster recovery DVD for this platform.
The last thing I need to do before it is completed is to 'grub' the boot
disk to get the thing to boot. Everytime and with every permutation I
have tried I get the root (hd0,1) fine but setup (hd0) always exits with
a segmentation fault.

Though I think there is more than this. When I do run the root step it
tells me the partition is ext2fs. I know that it is set as fd or raid
autodetect.

Can anyone provide a clue for this newbie?

--peter