poweredge 6600 and latest smp kernels

Jon Etkins jetkins at austinlogistics.com
Thu Apr 27 15:44:12 CDT 2006

I had a somewhat similar problem when we migrated one of our 4-way
6600's from RHEL3 (2.4 kernel) to RHEL4 (2.6).  In our case it turned
out to be related to an external 3480 tape library that was hooked up to
the onboard SCSI controller; adding a separate Adaptec card for the tape
unit resolved it for us.  IIRC, one of the steps we took to diagnose was
to disable kudzu at bootup.

Hope that helps, or at least gives you some ideas where to start.

Cheers,

Jon Etkins
Network & IT Administrator
Austin Logistics, Incorporated