Critical hardware error with Perc4e/DC controller on PowerEdge 850

Harald_Jensas at Dell.com Harald_Jensas at Dell.com
Fri Apr 21 08:45:49 CDT 2006

Try to reboot and run:

	  bash# ./linttylog /TTY_HIST_BBU_ON

Do not run any other linttylog command first.

If you still can not get battery for tty log turned on, I suggest trying a DOS boot floppy/USB and use ttylog.exe for DOS.

> > NOTE!
> > I recomend that you turn the battery off for TTY logging
> when you are
> > done troubleshooting this.
>
> What is this battery used for? Is there anything I have to know about?
>
> Regards, michael

The battery will keep the RAID Controller log intact also after a hardreset or power off.
Normally the battery is used to keep data in the RAID cache memory dimm intact in case of power loss.

//
Harald Jensås