Dell OMSA on Debian and Dell-Systems (Load-Problem)

Sascha Schmidt sascha.schmidt at ewetel.de
Fri Apr 21 02:33:07 CDT 2006

Pauli Borodulin schrieb:
> Heya!
>
> Sascha Schmidt wrote:
>> I've got a problem with the omsa-tools running on a dell-system with
>> debian. There were no problems at installation time. And afterwards
>> there are no problem, too...
>
>> but: on "some" servers I have the strange problem that the load of the
>> system is displayed absolutely wrong
>
> I've seen this too, on some older models. Some process gets stuck with
> its I/O request, but I haven't bothered to debug it -- but with all 8th
> generation servers, OMSA seems to work fine for me.
>
> What are the models that have this problem?

Hi,

I have these problems on:

Dell PE 1650
- Kernel 2.6.14
- Processor 1, Pentium III, Model 11 Stepping 1 and Model 11 Stepping 4
- BIOS: A01 and A03 and A08 and A11
Firmware:
Baseboard Management Controller => 1.39 and 1.56
Backplane firmware => 0.26
Sensor Data Records => SDR Version 0.23 and 0.30

Dell PE 1750
- Kernel 2.6.14
- Processor 2, Intel Xeon, Model 2 Stepping 5
- BIOS: A06
Firmware:
N/A

Dell PE 2650
- Kernel 2.6.13
- Processor 1, Intel Xeon, Model 2 Stepping 5
- Bios: A20
Firmware:
Baseboard Management Controller => 3.10
Backplane firmware => 1.01
Secondary backplane => 1.01

Dell PE 1850
- Kernel 2.6.14 and 2.6.13
- Processor 2, Intel Xeon, Model 3 Stepping 4 and Model 4 Stepping 1
- BIOS: A00 and A02
Firmware:
Remote Access Controller firmware => 1.00 and 1.10 and 1.20
Baseboard Management Controller => 1.07 and 1.23
Backplane firmware => 1.00

Dell PE 2550
- Kernel 2.6.14
- Processor 2, Pentium III, Model 11 Stepping 1
- BIOS: A05
Firmware:
ESM firmware => 5.50
Backplane firmware => 1.30

The strange thing is that only _some_ of the Dell PE 1850 are
affected...Can't see a difference between the PE1850 where this problem
does not exist and the PE1850 where this problem exists.

Regards,

Sascha Schmidt