Dell OMSA on Debian and Dell-Systems (Load-Problem)

Sascha Schmidt sascha.schmidt at ewetel.de
Wed Apr 19 05:50:05 CDT 2006

Hi,

I've got a problem with the omsa-tools running on a dell-system with
debian. There were no problems at installation time. And afterwards
there are no problem, too...

but: on "some" servers I have the strange problem that the load of the
system is displayed absolutely wrong

for example:
~$ uptime
 12:47:32 up 18 days, 23:07,  1 user,  load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.00

this load is _not_ correct. the right load would be 0.00... It's always
as the numbers of cpus are added to the uptime-value...

someone has the same problem? and perhaps a workaround? I'm monitoring
the systemload. And because of this bug a lot of measured values are wrong.

greets,

Sascha Schmidt