Unofficial OMSA yum repository

Michael Best mbest at pendragon.org
Tue Apr 18 16:48:49 CDT 2006

Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com
Mon Jan 9 12:21:02 CST 2006

> All,
> 	In conjunction with the Linux team and OpenManage Install team, we are pleased to announce an unofficial, publicly-available up2date/yum repository containing the Q3 release of OpenManage Server Administrator (OMSA), version 4.5. We would like to encourage anybody who uses OMSA on Linux to give this setup a try and let us know what you think. We intend to keep this repository up-to-date with the latest consolidated version of OMSA.
>
> 	The repository, as well as instructions, are here: http://linux.dell.com/yum/software/.
>
> 	Briefly, to use the repository to install OMSA, you need only run two commands:
> 		1) wget -q -O - http://linux.dell.com/yum/software/bootstrap.sh | bash
> 		2) up2date -i srvadmin-all
> 		3) (optional) up2date -i srvadmin-racX    (where X is the type of RAC you have installed)
>
> 	Please direct all feedback about this repository to the Linux-Poweredge mailing lists. If you encounter an OMSA-related problem, please verify that it is not related to the repository before calling Dell Technical Support.
>
> Note on platform-specific releases:
> 	From time to time for new Dell system releases, Dell will release a new version of OMSA that works only with that specific new system. This yum repository will not contain these releases. So, if you have one of these newer systems, use the CDROM media that came with your system to install OMSA until the next consolidated release comes out. There are currently no such releases, the 4.5 version supports all shipping Dell PowerEdge platforms (excluding SC platforms). This may happen in the future, though.
>
> --
> Michael Brown
> Matt Domsch
> Cecil Greathouse
> Kit Lou

I didn't have any luck with this on x86_64 at first on Centos 4.3,
because I am running strictly x86_64 and no i386,i586,i686 code.

echo "exclude=*.i386 *.i586 *.i686" >> /etc/yum.conf

x86_64 versions of the srvadmin packages would be useful.

-Mike