IPMI reporting memory errors, logging now disabled...

Fred Skrotzki fskrotzki at textwise.com
Tue Apr 18 11:47:04 CDT 2006

in reviewing our ipmi error logs I noticed this series of messages from
one of our 1425sc servers

SEL Record ID          : 0017
 Record Type           : 02
 Timestamp             : 04/08/2006 05:08:38
 Generator ID          : 00b1
 EvM Revision          : 04
 Sensor Type           : Memory
 Sensor Number         : 01
 Event Type            : Sensor-specific Discrete
 Event Direction       : Assertion Event
 Event Data            : a0f201
 Description           : Correctable ECC

SEL Record ID          : 0018
 Record Type           : 02
 Timestamp             : 04/08/2006 05:08:38
 Generator ID          : 00b1
 EvM Revision          : 04
 Sensor Type           : Memory
 Sensor Number         : 01
 Event Type            : Sensor-specific Discrete
 Event Direction       : Assertion Event
 Event Data            : a0f201
 Description           : Correctable ECC

SEL Record ID          : 0019
 Record Type           : 02
 Timestamp             : 04/08/2006 05:08:38
 Generator ID          : 00b1
 EvM Revision          : 04
 Sensor Type           : Memory
 Sensor Number         : 01
 Event Type            : Sensor-specific Discrete
 Event Direction       : Assertion Event
 Event Data            : a0f201
 Description           : Correctable ECC

SEL Record ID          : 001a
 Record Type           : 02
 Timestamp             : 04/08/2006 05:08:38
 Generator ID          : 00b1
 EvM Revision          : 04
 Sensor Type           : Memory
 Sensor Number         : 01
 Event Type            : Sensor-specific Discrete
 Event Direction       : Assertion Event
 Event Data            : a0f201
 Description           : Correctable ECC

SEL Record ID          : 001b
 Record Type           : 02
 Timestamp             : 04/08/2006 05:08:39
 Generator ID          : 00b1
 EvM Revision          : 04
 Sensor Type           : Memory
 Sensor Number         : 01
 Event Type            : Sensor-specific Discrete
 Event Direction       : Assertion Event
 Event Data            : a0f201
 Description           : Correctable ECC

SEL Record ID          : 001c
 Record Type           : 02
 Timestamp             : 04/08/2006 05:08:39
 Generator ID          : 00b1
 EvM Revision          : 04
 Sensor Type           : Memory
 Sensor Number         : 01
 Event Type            : Sensor-specific Discrete
 Event Direction       : Assertion Event
 Event Data            : a0f201
 Description           : Correctable ECC

SEL Record ID          : 001d
 Record Type           : 02
 Timestamp             : 04/08/2006 05:08:39
 Generator ID          : 00b1
 EvM Revision          : 04
 Sensor Type           : Event Logging Disabled
 Sensor Number         : 06
 Event Type            : Sensor-specific Discrete
 Event Direction       : Assertion Event
 Event Data            : 00ffff
 Description           : Correctable memory error logging disabled

Ok I'm figuring I have a bad memory Dim.  But I need to know if this was
a one time event or still continuing.  So how do I re-enable logging?
Also is there a way to determine which Dim was causing this error so I
can just replace it...  It is a Production server so I can't take it
down for hours to run memtest86 on it.