Amount of disk space lost to formatting?

David Hubbard dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Fri Apr 14 11:30:07 CDT 2006

NICE!! :-)

/dev/sdb1              68G  104M   68G   1% /data

Yeah, that's ridiculous.  I've never really paid attention
to the reserved space before because on our servers there's
always more than enough room.  This pair of drives was
for a customer's data though and he was wondering why the
available space on the drives he paid for was several gigs
less than what he expected to have.  LOL

Thanks,

David