Amount of disk space lost to formatting?

Eric Warnke ericew at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 10:52:29 CDT 2006

Oh, you should see if any process are still hangin on to resources on the
drive.

fuser -m /mountpoint

and if you want to confirm that all resources are freed

fuser -mk /mountpoint ( will kill all process listed in previous listing,
don't be in the mountpoint at the time or your shell will get clobbered too
).

Then do df again.

Cheers,
Eric