Subject: OMSA + DMI + SNMP

Harald_Jensas at Dell.com Harald_Jensas at Dell.com
Mon Apr 10 01:26:25 CDT 2006

To install OMSA in VmWare, running CentOS 4.3, I use the Unofficial yum repo.

Instructions for repo here: http://linux.dell.com/yum/software

Then I run :   #  OMIIGNORESYSID=1 up2date -i srvadmin-all

Best of luck!

//
Harald Jensås

________________________________

	From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com [mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Vincent Aaron
	Sent: 07 April 2006 15:17
	To: Greathouse, Cecil
	Cc: PMilanese at nypl.org; slinthicum at wilsoncook.com; linux-poweredge-Lists; linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists
	Subject: Re: Subject: OMSA + DMI + SNMP

	Dear Cecil
	I succedded to install OMSA debian package on my own latitude D600 system. But For the moment I unable to compile for OMSA driver  for debian!
	I will continued on a Dell Precision 450 wks on RHEL 3.
	My hope is to have some information: Serial Number, Manufacturer, Product name from the DMI.
	Regards
	Vincent

	Cecil_Greathouse at dell.com wrote:

		OMSA will probably not install on a precision box. The software checks
		the system id of the system before installation and if not a supported
		system will not install. I do not think any precision boxes are
		supported by OMSA.

		OMSA adds an SNMP agent to the os and ITA and/or OMSA use this agent for
		most information gathering on a system.

		[As before, My apologies, I did not read you email carefully. You did
		say the workstations were running linux. The client connector product is
		windows only. Sorry for any confusion that I have caused.]
		cecilg