redhat enterprise 4 issue

Dan Pritts danno at internet2.edu
Sun Apr 9 22:54:20 CDT 2006

one option you might consider is removing the RAID controller and using
software RAID.

I don't know for sure that the 2400 is the same, but my 2450 has an
onboard adaptec scsi - you might have to enable it in the bios.

On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 10:12:31AM -0500, Vladimir_Silva at dell.com wrote:
> Hello Frederico !
>

> The link below (from the RHEL 4 Release has some interesting
> information)
>
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/release-note
> s/as-x86/
>
> Both Dell and LSI Logic have indicated that they no longer support these
> models below in the 2.6 kernel. As a result, these adapters are not
> supported in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4:
>
> *	Dell PERC (dual-channel fast/wide SCSI) RAID controller
>
> *	Dell PERC2/SC (single-channel Ultra SCSI) RAID controller
>
> *	Dell PERC2/DC (dual-channel Ultra SCSI) RAID controller
>
> *	Dell CERC (four-channel ATA/100) RAID controller
>
> *	MegaRAID 428
>
> *	MegaRAID 466
>
> *	MegaRAID Express 500
>
> *	HP NetRAID 3Si and 1M
>

> Is your PERC adaptec or LSI ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Vladimir Silva

danno
--
dan pritts - systems administrator - internet2
734/352-4953 office        734/834-7224 mobile