HELP 6850 running RHEL 3.0 update 6 on EMC CX700

Thomas Northup thomaslnorthup at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 7 22:20:46 CDT 2006

When the LUNS are presented to the host it changes the local drive to something like sdeo.
  How can I keep it from doing that?

  Plus on the SAN should I use the Pseudo name to build the file systems or the real name.
  See example below.

  [root at hmmdb root]# powermt display dev=all | more
  Pseudo name=emcpowerk
  CLARiiON ID=APM0003124 [HCC_DB]
  Logical device ID=6006016011511500085DA11 [LUN 75]
  state=alive; policy=CLAROpt; priority=0; queued-IOs=0
  Owner: default=SP B, current=SP A
  ### HW Path                 I/O Paths    Interf.   Mode    State  Q-IOs Errors
    3 QLogic Fibre Channel 2300 sdai       SP B0     active  alive      0      0
    2 QLogic Fibre Channel 2300 sde        SP A0     active  alive      0      0
    2 QLogic Fibre Channel 2300 sdo        SP B1     active  alive      0      0
    3 QLogic Fibre Channel 2300 sdy        SP A1     active  alive      0      0

Thomas Northup

thomaslnorthup at yahoo.com