Subject: OMSA + DMI + SNMP

PMilanese at nypl.org PMilanese at nypl.org
Fri Apr 7 07:43:40 CDT 2006

Fantastic observation Steve...

I think that you can extract snmp from the instrumentation that is
installed on linux by OMSA. I know that it can be reached through IT
Assistant, if you have the tree views turned on. Perhaps you can walk the
devices and find what you're looking for. I do not see why you wouldn't be
able to install OMSA on the precision box, but I don't know what kind of
functionality you would have. I personally think it's way too much of a
resource hog to put on a workstation.

Thanks-

Peter J. Milanese, System Administrator
Information Technology Group
The New York Public Library
peterm at nypl.org - 212.621.0203

             steve
             <slinthicum at wilso
             ncook.com>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  Cecil_Greathouse at dell.com
             linux-poweredge-b                                          cc
             ounces at dell.com           linux-poweredge at lists.us.dell.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: RE:Subject: OMSA + DMI + SNMP
             04/07/2006 08:31
             AM

Personally I would be interested to know how this Windows only software
will run on RHEL 3, 4, SLES 9 and Debian.