Subject: OMSA + DMI + SNMP

Cecil_Greathouse at Dell.com Cecil_Greathouse at Dell.com
Fri Apr 7 07:24:00 CDT 2006

Check this url out and see if it is what you are looking for.

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/sys_mgmt/en/client_mo
nitor?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd

"OpenManage Client Instrumentation is an easy-to-use software agent that
is offered as a factory-installed option on all Dell Precision
workstations and Latitude notebooks, and ships standard on all OptiPlex
desktops. Client Instrumentation enables communication of key
configuration and system status information.

Used in conjunction with management console solutions from Dell's
partners Altiris and Microsoft, or other popular third-party management
software, OpenManage Client Instrumentation enables administrators to
effectively and efficiently: Collect hardware inventory and
configuration information
Receive proactive notification of potential fault conditions
Perform remote BIOS updates and BIOS setting configuration on one client
system or a group of Dell systems"

cecilg