SCSI devices and PowerVault

PMilanese at nypl.org PMilanese at nypl.org
Thu Apr 6 07:05:21 CDT 2006

This is probably due to your pci configuration. It may read them in order.
Maybe you can try swapping the cards on the riser.

Also, what do you mean by managing the PVs? Do you mean the Perc? Other
than events trapped through SCSI, I don't know what else there is. They may
even go to the syslog.

Thanks-

Peter J. Milanese, System Administrator
Information Technology Group
The New York Public Library
peterm at nypl.org - 212.621.0203

             Tanguy LE CARROUR
             <tanguy.lecarrour
             @popfactory.com>                                           To
             Sent by:                  linux-poweredge at dell.com
             linux-poweredge-b                                          cc
             ounces at dell.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       SCSI devices and PowerVault
             04/06/2006 04:59
             AM

Hi,

I need to make a standard configuration of 5 dell PE1850 running Gentoo :
    SCSI card :    1000:0030    "Symbios|53c1030"
    RAID ctrl :     1000:1960     "LSI Logic|PowerEdge RAID Controller
3/QC"

Two of them will be connected to a PowerVault 220s.

Whithout PV, the internal scsi disk is /dev/sda ... but on the PE
connected to PV ( w/ 2 logical drives configured ) I have:
    /dev/sda   :   first LD
    /dev/sdb   :   second LD
    /dev/sdc   :   internal disk

I've unsuccesfully modified the SCSI detection configuration via LSI
bios configuration.

Regards

Tanguy

PS: Is there a way to manage PowerVault Array under Gentoo ( whithout
OpenManage ) ?