RHEL4 and IPMI w/ Dell PE1850

Shawn Starr sstarr at platform.com
Thu Mar 31 13:16:14 CST 2005

Hello,

I am currently, trying out IPMI on RHEL 4 on a Dell PE 1850

- IPMI works great running locally. I can reset machine, get sensors/temp/voltage and lots of other things.
- IPMI over LAN doesn't work at all (can't get it working yet). I tried setting the IP for the BMC to be different than eth0 but I still can't connect to it from the same machine.

Has anyone gotten IPMI SOL (Serial Over LAN) working with ipmitool? They don't seem to have a solproxy yet and I don't see any Open Source ones either.

Thanks,

Shawn.