Remote access to PE2850 with DRAC4

Olle Liljenzin olle at carmen.se
Wed Mar 30 14:57:32 CST 2005

Tim,

Thanks for your answer.

In the virtual media screen the message "Current status  Connecting..." is
shown forever. It is never coming to a "Connected" status. Clicking on
"Refresh" will change the status back to "Not connected".

On the server I can't see anything in the message file.

The fstab has the following entries from the installation:
/dev/hdf                /media/cdrom            auto
pamconsole,fscontext=system_u:object_r:removable_t,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
/dev/hde                /media/floppy           auto
pamconsole,fscontext=system_u:object_r:removable_t,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
/dev/fd0                /media/floppy1          auto
pamconsole,fscontext=system_u:object_r:removable_t,exec,noauto,managed 0 0

% mount /media/cdrom
mount: No medium found

% mount /media/floppy
mount: /dev/hde: can't read superblock

% mount /media/floppy1
mount: /dev/fd0 is not a valid block device

( I'm not sure which one is the real floppy.)

About the console redirection. Any ideas on how to get it working with
international keyboards? The desktops we get from Dell are usually not
shipped with US keyboards in my country. It is a bit tricky to work in a
linux shell without characters like '|' and ':'. (Cut and paste is not
working either.)

Regards

/Olle