Debian Sarge & OMSA

Iiro Niinikoski iiro.niinikoski at arvopaperi.fi
Wed Mar 30 11:12:42 CST 2005

Jay Wineinger wrote:
> I dont have an 1850 but a 2650.  Ive created a short "howto" (used
> loosely) on my process for getting OMSA working on sarge.  I make no
> claims to whether i do things the right or wrong way.  hope it helps
>
> http://shadsplace.org/PE2650/

Thanks dude :). That's about how I've been trying to do it. I'll try
again soon.

Jay, can you get out the the temps of your machine? If yes, do you do it
with SNMP or with omreport?

Now I get in both Woody and Sarge this one when trying to install the
OMSA (patched or not, doesn't depend on version):

Turning off DMA on IDE CDROM drives.
Disabling DMA for CDROM /dev/hda
Cannot install/upgrade any applications on this system.

And I've tried to check the /tmp for logs, but the om-logs tell me
nothing approriate. Ideas?

Sincerely,

Iiro Niinikoski