Alternative disk drive configurations

Neil list-linux-poweredge--dell.com at iamafreeman.com
Wed Mar 30 08:29:39 CST 2005

I (and plenty of others) always go for RAID10.
for databases the performance should be better (you should test)
in general rebuild time should be faster (you should test)

if you can stretch to 5 drives then raid10 with a hotspare

sure you'll loss some disk space (4x73 gives you 146 raid10)

are you thinking hardware or software raid?

with the perc cards that come with pe2650's there are issues (that's possibly
the understatement of the year)

Neil