ipmitool 1.6.0 sol support for Dell 2850

Mikey Sklar sklarm at electric-clothing.com
Wed Mar 30 08:05:37 CST 2005

I'm interested in using ipmitool on the Dell 2850 server I support. I
can already use the power/sel features over the lan interface, but SoL
connections over the lanplus interface are not working at all.

Has anyone been successful using ipmitool 1.6.0 (or with additional
patches) to get a SoL console on the Dell 2850?

$ ipmitool -I lanplus -H saias79r -U root -P calvin sol activate
Error: This command is only available over the lanplus interface

I'm presently at BIOS: A02 and BMC: 1.23 on my 2850's.