System backup applications (again)

Normandin, Jerry JNormandin at welchs.com
Tue Mar 29 14:09:54 CST 2005

Ahh.. we had to dump Veritas here at Welchs.
We backup over 170 hosts.   WEe have 6 SAN Media Servers.
Veritas has a habit of corrupting it's configuration database
and catalogs.  We are not the only customer with the problem.
I had ran a test with Amanda and really couldn't believe how well it
performed.  It performed extremely well.  But.. my group decided to
go with Commvault.  AMANDA is defenitely worth the time to deploy.