System backup applications (again)

Eric Swenson eric at reaction-eng.com
Tue Mar 29 13:35:42 CST 2005

Don't forget Veritas Netbackup.  The Business Server version is
surprisingly affordable, and it is just about unbreakable.  Performance
is astounding driving similar hardware for me.  I ran into problem after
problem just trying to get Networker to install properly on my RHEL3 ES
server before I finally had to give up.  Tapeware & Arkeia are decent,
but from my tests on Arkeia and complete hearsay on Tapeware, they don't
scale up to multi-TB loads very well.  That and Arkeia has a goofy
interface in my completely personal opinion.  I don't know too much
about the others.

$2/100.

-Eric