System backup applications (again)

Pottinger, Hardy J. PottingerHJ at umsystem.edu
Tue Mar 29 11:29:22 CST 2005

> I'm curious to know why you are down on Amanda.

We've already installed it, and it's not nearly efficient enough with
tape usage, and its throughput to tape is pretty sad. Coupled with the
problem (not entirely insurmountable, but pretty annoying) of not being
able to span tapes, and we're looking at a bigger investment in tapes
and admin time than we're comfortable with.

The problems we've seen so far are probably not insurmountable, but,
taken as a whole, we're going to keep looking.

HARDY POTTINGER <pottingerhj at umsystem.edu>    .
Programmer/Analyst - Expert                   .
Univ. of Missouri, Office of Library Systems  .
 GPG Public Key...                            .
   http://mco.mobius.missouri.edu/~hardy/     .
 worth a look...                              .
   http://www.weitz.de/regex-coach/           .
   http://www.mepis.org/                      .