DRACIII on PE2650 with debian

Jay Wineinger jay at ffsi.com
Tue Mar 29 10:54:50 CST 2005

Hi all,
    Im trying to access the DRACIII through the web interface in my
PE2650 running debian sarge.  Ive got the ip address configured and I
can get to the "Dell Embedded Remote Access" login page and the broswer
appears to load some java applet.  However, everything on the page just
locks up the browser.  The support/help/about links and trying to log in
(root/calvin) all lock it up.  Further, I cant get the login page to
even load in a browser other than IE.

Im just wondering if there is something I am missing.  I noticed that
dell said they wont support customized kernels which I am running
(2.4.29) but Im also running debian so the point is moot. Any pointers
on how to get this working would be appreciated.  Please dont assume I
know anything here ;)

thanks,
Jay Wineinger