Dell RHEL4 plans

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Tue Mar 29 10:43:15 CST 2005

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 08:15:03AM -0600, Michael Weber wrote:
> Actually, Tom, what I expect from enterprise class vendors is for them
> to work together with pre-release software so that when the software is
> released it has HAD 3 months of testing!

We've been working with Red Hat on RHEL4 for nearly 18 months, longer
if you count the 2.5/2.6 kernel work we did before RHEL4 builds began.

>  My new IBM servers were certified for RH4 when RH shipped it.

Dell's servers were the first to be certified with RHEL4, and they're
supported today.

> I haven't needed to call, but I would be very surprised if the tech
> support people haven't already been trained on RH4 as well.

As are Dell's, yes.

What you aren't getting today:
* factory installation
* OMSA
* EMC Enterprise Support Matrix listing

That's a pretty short list considering the time and effort involved in
getting this far.

Thanks,
Matt

--