Dell RHEL4 plans

Michael Weber mweber at alliednational.com
Tue Mar 29 08:15:03 CST 2005

>>> "Tom Knight" <thomas.knight at ahds.ac.uk> 03/29 2:49 AM >>>

properly?

>Tom.

Actually, Tom, what I expect from enterprise class vendors is for them
to work together with pre-release software so that when the software is
released it has HAD 3 months of testing!  My new IBM servers were
certified for RH4 when RH shipped it.  I haven't needed to call, but I
would be very surprised if the tech support people haven't already been
trained on RH4 as well.  I expect this from HP and IBM class vendors.

Dell shows itself, once again, to be only an
"Enterprise-class-vendor-wannabe".

As always, my $0.02.

-Michael

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication and any associated
file(s) may contain privileged, confidential or proprietary
information or be protected from disclosure under law ("Confidential
Information").  Any use or disclosure of this Confidential Information,
or taking any action in reliance thereon, by any individual/entity
other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited.  This
Confidential Information is intended solely for the use of the
individual(s) addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, you
have received this Confidential Information in error and have an
obligation to promptly inform the sender and permanently destroy,
in its entirety, this Confidential Information (and all copies
thereof).  E-mail is handled in the strictest of confidence by
Allied National, however, unless sent encrypted, it is not a secure
communication method and may have been intercepted, edited or
altered during transmission and therefore is not guaranteed.