HELP POWEREDGE 3250 64 bit, problems with php with oracle support

Marco Buonarroti m.buonarroti at indire.it
Fri Mar 25 05:19:32 CST 2005

Hi all, i'm marco from florence, italy. We have recently purchased from
DELL the server Poweredge 3250 (2 processor itanium 2  - 64 bit - 4GB RAM).
In this server machine we use the Linux Redhat Enterprise server 3 (update
3 - 64 bit version) . We wish use our server for delivery web application
togheter at many WEB server in a "WEB - FARM" environment. The our web
application is in PHP language and use access to ORACLE database and MYSQL
database, so  want use all the 64 bit power of this machine in these server
component of redhat linux:
1) Apache web server
2) PHP
Unfortunely the standard rpm's of "APACHE" and "PHP" (included in red hat
enterprise 3 distribution cd's) don't allow to access to ORACLE database.
Now the question is: HOW we can successfully compile the standard source
code of APACHE and PHP to maximize performance on our 64 bit machine?.
Now we can ONLY use the 32 bit sources code downloaded from web sites of
APACHE (http://apache.org) and PHP (http://www.php.net/).
Actually we have poor performance from our DELL 3250 with this version of
software:
Apache 1.3.26
php 4.3.7
Thank's all!!!
MArco

--------------------------------
Ing. Marco Buonarroti
--------------------------------
Lavoro:
INDIRE, Via Buonarroti, 10 Firenze
Sistemista informatico CED
Tel. 055/2380329
Casa:
Via del Capitano n. 20/G
Pontassieve (Firenze) 50065
Tel.   055/8368694
Cell. 339/8095910
E-mail: bachmusic at libero.it

INDIRE(OUTBOUND):messaggio controllato dal server antivirus

INDIRE(OUTBOUND):messaggio controllato dal server antivirus