Dell RHEL4 plans

mike kuras mkuras at ask.com
Thu Mar 24 18:31:12 CST 2005

On Thursday 24 March 2005 05:15 pm, Matt Domsch wrote:
> People keep asking, so here's the scoop.  This info is copied from
> a PDF posted on dell.com/linux in the past day or so, so it's
> public information now.

> > Dell requires some period of time after the Red Hat release to
> > create the factory pre-load images and to fully test Dell
> > OpenManage components on the final Red Hat product.

Matt- absolutely no offense to you or your team, but this is one of the most
apathetic statements I've ever read.

How can one of the largest computer makers in the world offer a critical
enterprise-level feature (essentially) "when we get around to it"?

Stuff like this is exactly what causes people to consider other vendors.