1850, RedHat 8.0, and the MegaRAID2

Michael Nguyen michaeln at twentyten.org
Thu Mar 24 16:30:13 CST 2005

Hey guys...

I have a little dilemma.  Our current production environment is based on
RedHat 8.0.  We recently purchased four Dell 1850s with the Perc 4e/si
controllers for this environment.  Unfortunately, RedHat 8.0 does not come
with drivers for this controller, but I'd like to get these servers built
out with RedHat 8.0.

Oh another thing...I didn't purchase floppy drives for these servers (silly
me) but I do have a USB pen drive that should work for this purpose...I
think.

What is the best way to go about doing this?

Michael