bypassing PERC?

Johnn Tan waterbuffalo at fastmail.fm
Wed Mar 23 18:47:08 CST 2005

Lutz Birkhahn wrote:
> Johnn Tan wrote:
>
>> We have a PE1300/550 with PERC2/SC.
>>
>> I tried just deleting the hardware RAID array, hoping it would just
>> see the attached disks (at least this way I could use Linux
>> Software RAID), but that didn't work either.
>

> Did you check if there's an option in BIOS to enable/disable RAID?
> That's how it works on 2650 + 2850, at least.

Yeah, I've looked. There appear to be only two pages in the BIOS. And
the options that come closest are "IDE Controller" ("auto" or "off") and
"SCSI controller" ("on" or "off"). I didn't play with either, but I'm
pretty sure they won't affect the RAID controller.

I did CTRL-M to go inside the RAID controller's utility, too, but there
doesn't seem to be anything that disables it there either.

johnn