SNMP Monitoring for Megaraid2

Will DeHaan wdehaan at proofpoint.com
Wed Mar 23 18:09:57 CST 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 08:36, Thomas Uhl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are looking for a lean solution for monitoring the RAID state of
> a Dell 2850 using the megaraid2 driver.
>
> We don not like the Dell OMSA stuff because it is not RPM based and
> an overkill (Java, ....).
>
> Is there any solution SNMP based solution for that?
>
> The perc-apps-A08.tar (percsnmp) is not working in my environment.
> (RedHat AS3)
>
> Yours
>   Tom

I deploy openmanage without its web gui. Openmanage consumes far fewer
resources when installed this way:

tar -xzf om_410_lnx_managed_system_A00.tar.gz
cd omsw
TERM=vt100 DISPLAY="" /bin/bash start.sh -license -noinstallweb -force

I create a trivial RPM with Dell's tarball and references to the
installer and uninstaller shell scripts. It's still messy in the sense
that rpm --verify knows little about the installed Openamage files but
at least an RPM carrier makes it easy to add to a distribution.

--
Will DeHaan <wdehaan at proofpoint.com>